Last few days, I been working to activate the US payroll based on our local laws, I used to hear allot about the payroll module and how it couldn’t be used in Middle East due to US taxes and regulations, and specially after getting a major changes in the taxation roles in Jordan, the good thing is I been able to process salaries on the US payroll module by following steps below:
1. Disable all the US taxes where located.
2. Setup the “Basic Salary” as a pay code in “Microsoft Dynamics GP menu >> Tools >> Setup >> Payroll >> Pay Code”.
3. Link the pay code to the employee in “Cards >> Payroll >> Pay Code”:
4. Setup the Social Security and all other deductions as deductions in “Microsoft Dynamics GP menu >> Tools >> Setup >> Payroll >> Deduction” and then link it to the employee:
5. Setup any Allowances needed in “Microsoft Dynamics GP menu >> Tools >> Setup >> Payroll >> Benefit” and link it with the employee:
6. Now go to “Transactions >> Payroll >> Transaction Entry” and select your employee to generate the payroll:
This was a simple workflow to cover the payroll process in the Middle East, hope that this helps.