Last few days, I been working with my colleague Ms. Samia on integrating the the Analytical Accounting Dimensions with FRx Reports, actually it was not an easy task as expected but the results was Great :)
Basically as a start we followed the documents and worked on the steps below:
1. On FRx CD, we have installed the AddIn located under “Analytical Accounting Add-in\FRx 6.7 Add-In for Microsoft Dynamics GP Analytical Accounti.msi”.
2. We went to the following path “C:\Program Files\FRx Software\FRx 6.7\Analytical Accounting\Scripts\SQL Server” and found 2 scripts:
CreateTablesAA.sql and CreateProcsFunctionsAA.sql
First run CreateTablesAA against you Dynamics Database, which will generate another script to run on your companies’ databases, copy this script and run it on a new query window to update your database.
Then run CreateProcsFunctionsAA and perform the same steps you performed on the other script.
3. Go to the following path (or where you installed the FRx) “C:\Program Files\FRx Software\FRx 6.7\Analytical Accounting\” and run “AAWizard.exe”, which will in return will load your Analytical Accounting dimensions and codes into FRx databases. –You might face some errors in this stage, contact me if you face any error and I will help!-
4. Now we are ready to start, open FRx Report Designer the go to Company >> Information, create new company and Select “Analytical Accounting” for the accounting system –if you couldn’t select the Analytical Accounting then you will need to register some DLLs, search the knowledgebase for such article-:
5. Now the fun will begin!! Create New Row, and open the GL accounts lookup and make sure you selected “Full” in the account segment:
The first segment represents the GL account number, while the other segments are the dimensions added to the Dimension Structure you created in the wizard.
6. Add a new column and add Description and GL columns as needed:
7. Add new Report Catalog and link your row and column:
8. Print your report and enjoy having your dimensions and codes in the statement: