Yesterday we have released a new version of the Dynamics GP Excel Paste, it has many new features and enhancements, I am showing the main additions in this post:
1. One installation across all GL Versions: (GP 10.0, GP 2010, GP 2013), ALL Service Packs, all platforms (Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows Server), any CPU (64x, 32x).
2. Messages Handling: We left this option for end user to decide either to auto answer the dialogs or by manually handling answers:
Another message will be shown:
3. Added more free screens: we have allowed the paste over common objects across all companies, like Currencies, Users, Tasks and Roles.
4. Enhanced the connectivity to the internet: if you are running behind firewalls we been facing difficulties loading templates as your firewalls are blocking the outbound access to the SQL, by using an alternative to the 1433 port, currently the application automatically calls a web service using the default port and using default proxy settings to pass through firewalls and get the templates installed.
5. Enhanced the ability to paste into distribution windows: we found many issues pasting using Advanced Excel Paste into “Distribution Windows”, issue have been resolved and you can paste safely: