Friday, February 19, 2010

Long time no posts!

It been a while since my last post, actually I been engaged in upgrading Microsoft Dynamics GP from version 9.0 to version 10 SP4 for one of my clients.

The problem was not in the upgrade as is, the client is running 14 companies in different locations and each company has its own installed modules! Normally such case must not exist, but when I went into the investigation, I found that the consultants whose been working on this used to install “unwanted” modules for testing on one of the companies and then they “removes” it from the “Add/Remove Features” when they found it unwanted.

However, such operation leaves the database with the modules records, where the modules will need to be upgraded with the upgrade process.

I will try to catch what I missed the last few days! Wish me luck.

Mohammad R. Daoud - CTO
+962 - 79 - 999 65 85

No comments:

Related Posts:

Related Posts with Thumbnails