This morning, a customer reported the following error while printing their checks remittances:
Undefined Symbol F01343D00789 Sequence Num
Last week I have upgraded this customer from Microsoft Dynamics GP Version 10.0 with Service Pack 4 to Microsoft Dynamics Version 2010 with Service Pack 1, when the customer sent me the package, I found that the package they sent is mapped to a table called "PM_Payment_WORK" while the original reports is mapped to "pmRemittanceTemp" then I figured out the reason behind this, this was due to the enhancements applied to this feature in GP 2010.
To resolve this, the hard way of doing this is by re-implementing the customizations on the original report. However there is always a workaround!
Below the steps I followed:
- I exported the report to a package file.
- I opened it using Notepad.
- Pressed CTRL+H to find and replaced PM_Payment_WORK to pmRemittanceTemp.
- Saved and imported the report.
- Regenerated the report and found 2 missing fields, replaced the missing fields with an alternative from the new table and it worked!
Enjoy fixing your reports without re-implementing your customizations!