Have you ever wanted to copy your business alerts from a company to another? Fabien Peyaud created stored procedures posted @ Dynamics GP.ie blog, checkout the article here.
Tuesday, November 30, 2010
Saturday, November 27, 2010
Interesting article by Amy Walsh, he explained how to add vertical lines into FRx, checkout his article here.
Looks like David Musgrave hacked into my laptop and saw my draft article about Barcode Printing using Dynamics GP!
A couple of weeks ago I got a request to print barcodes from Dynamics GP, I wanted to publish my experience but couldn’t due to the workload I currently have! However, I did this using one of the below sources:
Barcodes Inc. also will work:
David explained how to add the Barcode font to the report with all related details using VBA, find out David’s article here.
Friday, November 19, 2010
Support for Microsoft Dynamics GP 9.0 will end January 11, 2011 it is highly recommended for existing GP 9.0 users to upgrade from GP 9.0 to GP 2010 to utilize the maximum benefits of purchasing an international product with yearly enhancements and updates.
Great news was published on Microsoft Press Release, Microsoft Dynamics GP 2010 R2 is coming up with great new features, checkout below features as an example:
The Microsoft Dynamics GP 2010 R2 update expands key areas of investment for Microsoft Dynamics GP 2010, including the following:
• Enhancing insight into role-specific information through an improved user interface and personalized dashboards, quickly delivering information that’s relevant to the actions people are taking or the information they are viewing
• Making it easier to complete tasks with improved approval workflow and electronic signature capabilities, helping people save time while managing compliance and helping to reduce fraud
• Extending connections through Fact Boxes and Action Shortcuts, which are now connected with Microsoft Lync 2010 instant messaging windows, bringing information about the people who are chatting and their companies to the user’s fingertips
Read the complete article here.
Saturday, November 13, 2010
I am glad to announce this guys! We are preparing for a competition between active community members in Jordan, unfortunately MVP’s are not allowed to participate!!!
Simply contribute in any online or offline activities – I would love to help you in this – and record your activity.
The prize for the winner is:
A FULLY-PAID trip to Tech-Ed Middle East 2011!
To be eligible for judging, an entry must be unique and focus on Microsoft technologies or products, while also meeting the criteria mentioned below:
Minimum 10 attendees
Minimum 4 trainees
Minimum 200 views
Minimum 200 views
Minimum 50 downloads
Minimum 50 downloads
Minimum 100 downloads
Minimum 100 downloads
Open Source Project
Must be publicly available on CodePlex.com
Answer question on Microsoft Forums
Post must be Marked as Answer
To help you more, Muhanad Omar (SharePoint MVP) published a portal for this competition that allows all users to create their own entries and participations, and allows the Committee to validate your work:
To submit an entry, browse to the “My Entries” page and fill-in the appropriate form for your entry. The Entry Form will ask you to select the Contact Person for verification purposes. This person must be a Microsoft Employee, Microsoft MVP, or Community Leader. You may contact the verifier to explain your entry. Once your entry is reviewed, you will be notified if it has been approved or rejected.
Community work is rewarding - to us and our communities.
Let’s compete to see who is the most active community member amongst us!
Have you ever got a request to keep versions on Dynamics GP Data? With “Audit Trails” module you can!
Follow steps below to activate the Audit Trails:
1. Install the module for GP CD.
2. Go to “Microsoft Dynamics GP menu >> Tools >> Setup >> Company >> Audit Trails >> Install Audit Trails” and click on “Install” :
2. Go to “Microsoft Dynamics GP menu >> Tools >> Setup >> Company >> Audit Trails >> Audit Trail Maintenance” and setup your Audit:
3. First click on “Refresh” to get the list of tables, and then select the needed table.
4. Click on “Apply Auditing” to select your table.
5. Click on “Auditing Options” to set filters on what data need to be monitored if required:
6. Click on “View” and enjoy monitoring changes on the selected table:
This looks typically like the smart list, you can utilize all smart list features here.
I should admit, it was a crazy month! I been very much busy in thousands of meetings and been unable even to check my mail, thanks god we have a vacation these days so I can post few articles!
Are you “Not for Profit” organization? Do you have budgeted donations and grants and wanted to manage it the right way? Dynamics GP is the right solution for this.
If you ever installed Analytical Accounting, you might notice a module called “Grants Management” that is located under Analytical Accounting, this module is mainly used to manage Grants and Donations for Not for Profit Organizations and indeed it integrates Analytical Accounting Dimensions, Codes and Budgets.
To activate and work on this module, you must follow steps below:
1. Install this module using Dynamics GP CD’s.
2. Go to “Microsoft Dynamics GP menu >> Tools >> Setup >> Company >> Grant Management” and check “Activate Grant Management” and select your default transaction dimension that holds your grants.
3. If you have any company specific fields you would like to customize, just name it here:
4. Go to “Cards >> Financial >> Grant Management >> Grant Status Maintenance” and set you workflow of status changes:
5. Go to “Cards >> Financial >> Grant Management >> Grant Maintenance” and define you grant, you can define unlimited number of grants types:
6. Go to Analytical Accounting Budgeting and create your budget:
7. Click on “Validation Options” button on “Grants Maintenance” form and link your budget: