Interesting article about Integration Manager, it explains the processes in details with images on each required step, checkout this article @ Q Factor Blog.
Sunday, January 31, 2010
Recently I found that when pointing the mouse over the metrics, the system cannot display the object correctly and appear with a gray border and a text “click here to activate and use this control“:
We used to face such issues in web development when we upload flash objects in the site and used to workaround it by adding “IEUpdate” script that automatically activates the control, find out the details about the resolution here.
Due to compatibility issues between your installed frameworks and related SP’s, you might need to remove one of the installed versions, which sometimes couldn’t be removed as some applications still using it, to remove any kind of Frameworks, you might need to install Frameworks Cleanup Tool that could easily remove all currently installed frameworks:
For more information about the issues could caused by the .Net Frameworks, checkout this post that explains the common setup issues and workarounds for .NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1 (SP1) and .NET Framework 1.0 Service Pack 3 (SP3).
Saturday, January 30, 2010
Certain Extender features and data may no longer be available with the installation of this product. It is recommended you reference your product manual before continuing.
Vaidhy been in this error when working on extender, and found the solution in the knowledgebase, checkout this blog post.
I got allot of questions about how to place watermark image in report writer, and my answer was always “simply you cannot!” but not anymore! Frank posted a workaround to have such request happen, check this blog post.
The steps is simple below:
1. Insert the image in a Word document
2. Use the Custom watermark option in format to create the watermark image
3. Copy the image and paste in Paint
4. Save the image as a .jpg file
5. Insert the .jpg into the Report Writer document
Frank discovered and interesting issue with Excel Based Budgeting in GP that if the account in Excel was not exist in GP, the process will simple ignore it without notifications!
Read Frank article here.
Long time ago we been in a problem that extender data are not deleted when deleting the original transaction, David has a solution for this case in this post.
Thursday, January 28, 2010
While I installed the management reporter few days ago, but still didn’t had the chance to create my first report, Waqas did and posted this article!
Tuesday, January 26, 2010
Last few days, I been working with my colleague Ms. Samia on integrating the the Analytical Accounting Dimensions with FRx Reports, actually it was not an easy task as expected but the results was Great :)
Basically as a start we followed the documents and worked on the steps below:
1. On FRx CD, we have installed the AddIn located under “Analytical Accounting Add-in\FRx 6.7 Add-In for Microsoft Dynamics GP Analytical Accounti.msi”.
2. We went to the following path “C:\Program Files\FRx Software\FRx 6.7\Analytical Accounting\Scripts\SQL Server” and found 2 scripts:
CreateTablesAA.sql and CreateProcsFunctionsAA.sql
First run CreateTablesAA against you Dynamics Database, which will generate another script to run on your companies’ databases, copy this script and run it on a new query window to update your database.
Then run CreateProcsFunctionsAA and perform the same steps you performed on the other script.
3. Go to the following path (or where you installed the FRx) “C:\Program Files\FRx Software\FRx 6.7\Analytical Accounting\” and run “AAWizard.exe”, which will in return will load your Analytical Accounting dimensions and codes into FRx databases. –You might face some errors in this stage, contact me if you face any error and I will help!-
4. Now we are ready to start, open FRx Report Designer the go to Company >> Information, create new company and Select “Analytical Accounting” for the accounting system –if you couldn’t select the Analytical Accounting then you will need to register some DLLs, search the knowledgebase for such article-:
5. Now the fun will begin!! Create New Row, and open the GL accounts lookup and make sure you selected “Full” in the account segment:
The first segment represents the GL account number, while the other segments are the dimensions added to the Dimension Structure you created in the wizard.
6. Add a new column and add Description and GL columns as needed:
7. Add new Report Catalog and link your row and column:
8. Print your report and enjoy having your dimensions and codes in the statement:
Sunday, January 24, 2010
You might get the following error while validating product version information:
“The stored procedure verifyVersionInformation() of form duSQLInstall Pass Through SQL returned the following results:
DBMS: 468, Microsoft Dynamics GP:0”
Then the following message will appear:
“There was a problem ascertaining product version information Microsoft Dynamics GP will now exit.”
Those error are due to two different reasons:
1. You either have incorrect versions for the installed products, products versions could be located under DB_Upgrade and DU00020 tables in DYNAMICS database, those entries must be correct based on your installed version of GP, mainly this could happen during the apply of new service packs or upgrades, so the easiest way to resolve this is to restore your database into a copy before performing the upgrade.
2. Which is the common error when moving your databases into a new server or new SQL Server installation, the reason behind this error is the collation conflict between your databases collations and SQL Server collation.
Collations must be matched, so you either need to change your SQL Server collation by running a command like the below:
G:\setup.exe /qb INSTANCENAME=MSSQLSERVER REINSTALL=SQL_Engine REBUILDDATABASE=1 SAPWD=P@SS@WORD1 SQLCOLLATION=Arabic_CI_AI
Where G: is your CD drive that has your SQL Setup CD, MSSQLSERVER is your SQL instant name (MSSQLSERVER means the default instant), P@SS@WORD1 is the new SA password and Arabic_CI_AI is the new collation.
Or alternatively you might need to change the whole database collation, which is not an easy task as you need to drop all database constraints and change the collation then get them back, I have an EXE that performs this operation automatically, e-mail me and I will forward it to you.
To get more information about SQL Collation and its effects, find link below:
Saturday, January 23, 2010
Yesterday night I had nothing to do! So I extracted the strings and messages from current Arabic GP 10.0 strings and messages and applied it on GP 2010, which returned Arabic Version of GP 2010 within few hours:
I really love Dexterity!!!
Thursday, January 21, 2010
For the time being, I am working on a standard installation of the application without upgrading any existing database, so far 2 issues where identified:
1. Inquiry >> Financial >> Financial Summery does not working properly, allot of the zero-transactional accounts displayed as zero’s in the list while the totals below displays numbers, the totals are correct while the lists are not:
Reconcile your open year will resolve the issue.
2. “Set as default view” command is getting disabled upon performing any changes on the sort order:
3. In addition to the installation error I already posted few hours ago:
4. After performing budget transaction for one of your budgets, and trying to post you get “The Journal Entry has already been used, please enter another.” even if this was correct the system should automatically load a valid Journal Number as after starting journal entry you cannot change the number and will have to redo the journal:
Currently I am running the following environment:
Windows Server 2003 R2, SQL 2005 with Arabic_CI_AI collation.
Error after installing Microsoft Dynamics GP 2010 on windows Server 2003 R2:
“This application has failed to start because XmlLite.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.”
Reinstalling the application didn’t resolve the problem and repair was failed.
Running XmlLite update in the below link resolved the error:
Vaidy posted link needed to activate word templates in Dynamics GP 2010, follow this article for more information.
Mariano detailed the security enhancements in GP 2010, checkout his post HERE.
Tuesday, January 19, 2010
Get bored of current text reminders? Wait until you see the CUE reminders in GP 2010!
Monday, January 18, 2010
For those who been suffering while working on customizing their GP lookups every time it opens, its the time to take a look to the following feature in Dynamics GP 2010:
“You can define and save a default lookup view for your master records by selecting the Set as Default View option from the View menu or using the right-click menu in the lookup window. The default view you select will be the view displayed when you open the lookup window the next time.
You can set a default view for the following lookup windows.
• Items lookup window
• Accounts lookup window
• Employees lookup window
• Customers and Prospects lookup window
• Salespeople lookup window
• Vendors lookup window
The default view is saved on a per user, per company basis.”
Inside Microsoft Dynamics GP yesterday announced that the GP 2010 was released to Beta!
The good thing is I registered my name to be one of the beta testers, I am downloading the package right now and very much excited to start working on the new version, I will keep you posted with all new updates.
So far what I can see in the announcement page confirms that the following are no longer supported with Microsoft Dynamics GP 2010:
1. All editions of Microsoft SQL Server 2000
2. Microsoft Office XP and Microsoft Office 2003
3. Internet Explorer 6.0
Saturday, January 16, 2010
Matt Landis in Dynamics Small Business blog posted an interesting article about the Dynamics GP 2010 launching event, he also summarized the following notes:
“GP 2010 will be the biggest Microsoft Dynamics launch in our history to date…”
“100,000 hours of programming went into the Dynamics GP 2010 upgrade!”
Some technical features that will be in GP 2010 is “graphs and charts that allow drilling the whole way down to the transaction that created it.”
“Microsoft Office Communication server will be tightly integrated into GP”
Checkout his post here.
Saturday, January 9, 2010
Great workaround by Frank to delete a vendor with keeping historical transactions by changing the vendor status to “Temporary”, check his complete article here.
Microsoft Dynamics GP 10.0 SP4 Business Essentials Technical Demonstration Toolkit/VHD is now available!!!!
Checkout what was added to this image and download it here.
Few months back, we had an issue with one of our customers that are running customized .Net based form, the issue was that the Tab Order in GP forms getting missed up after opening the customized form.
Today Patrick Roth posted an article about this subject and attached the links for the hotfixes at Microsoft PartnerSource, check Patrick post here.
Tuesday, January 5, 2010
I found this post @ GP4Arab blog, download the scripts file here, below are the covered scripts:
1. How to display the details of an order
2. How to Reset System Password
3. Find Table Size of the Database
4. List all Employee names, with department and job title and codes
5. A quick way to duplicate or copy a GP dynamics PRICELEVEL SET
6. Global find and replace command to update inventory item descriptions
7. Batch update customer shipping methods, change from DHL, to UPS, to FedEx and vice versa
8. Change DECIMAL PLACES CURRENCY
9. Display quantity on hand, allocated and remaining inventory level (IV00102)
10. Determine Qty Allocated for a Item and location
11. Display latest transaction date for each inventory item
12. Receiving Trx History Details
13. Customer Profit in detail
14. Inventory Value by Site (Location)
15. Customer Balance Which matches with RM Trail Balance
16. Display chart of accounts info (originally posted by Claudia)
17. Code to Retrieve Item Sell Price
18. Get inventory items with positive quantity-on-hand with latest corresponding invoice info
19. Total invoiced quantity per item, per customer
20. Tell how many customer accounts per salesperson
21. Grant access to all users under DYNGRP group
22. Unlock a posting batch
23. Reset tax schedule id of all customer shipping addresses
Mohammad R. Daoud - CTO
MVP, MCP, MCT, MCBMSP, MCTS, MCBMSS
+962 - 79 - 999 65 85
Monday, January 4, 2010
Great article on the above subject by Ian Stewart, explaining the affect of NSF transaction on your books.
Indeed, if you are an existing customer using Small Business Financials (SBF), Great Plains Accounting (GPA), Real World, or Microsoft Office Accounting, its your time to switch to Dynamics GP with this great offer, click here for more details.
Saturday, January 2, 2010
Join me to congrats Victoria for her new MVP year, its her 6th year!
Friday, January 1, 2010
What does reconcile function in financials utilities do? Frank explained the feature in this post.
Frank in his today’s tip pointed us to “SY07110” table that contains the user’s menu’s information, delete those records from the table and enjoy having faster login for GP than before.
Steve Endow in his post “Let Lonely Dynamics GP Talk to Your Windows Apps!” posted great tips about how to integrate the application with COM Assemblies in order to GP forms “Speak” its data!
Not only the article is great, but also the way he introduced it! Great job Steve.